Some tuners when finished tuning your vehicle, will install what's known as a "Tunerlock" on your PCM. This stops people who do not have the password or key from viewing or modifying the tune on the computer. While this is somewhat frowned upon in the industry and incredibly annoying, it isn't undefeatable. Dirty South Race Engineering has the software to reset and disable the lock and can then reflash a tune that can be modifies by anyone.
This process involves physically opening the ECU and is not without it's risks. There is a small (5%) chance the process can "Brick" the PCM and render it worthless. If this is the case a full refund will be issued.
Once the lock is removed and new tune loaded Dirty South Race Engineering can make several other changes to the computer to ensure a smooth start up for your swap, these include but are not limited to;
- Speedo Calibration
- Torque Limit alteration
- EVAP, rear o2s and tank purge valve removal
- Switch between Auto (4L60e), Non Electronic Autos (TH400, Glide etc) and Manual transmission
- Alter fan ON and OFF temperature settings
- VIN changes
- Change from FBW to Cable throttle
- Change or delete functions and trouble codes for A/C, Oil level,
- Change MAF to Speed Density MAP-based operating system (MAFLESS Tune) *NOTE: THESE ARE A BASE TUNE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PROLONGED USE WITHOUT DYNO TUNING
This is performed on the ECU YOU PROVIDE - YOU MUST SEND US YOUR ECU for purchase to be valid. We will contact you once purchase made with details to send in your computer.
THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR LS1 (P01 P59) PCM's