PCM - Powertrain Control Module & ECM - Engine Control Module are GM's names for the ECU's that power the LS Series of engines. Think of them as the brains of the operation.
From factory, these computers are loaded with a software called VATS - Vehicle Anti Theft Software. If the vehicle does not see the correct signal from a programmed key, it will not start. In conversions, this software must be disabled also known ass LS VATS Delete or LS VATS Removal.
It is not possible to physically bypass the VATS system.
Dirty South Race Engineering uses HP tuners to remove the software and can make several other changes to the computer to ensure a smooth start up for your swap, these include but are not limited to;
- Speedo Calibration
- Torque Limit alteration
- EVAP, rear o2s and tank purge valve removal
- Switch between Auto (4L60e), Non Electronic Autos (TH400, Glide etc) and Manual transmission
- Alter fan ON and OFF temperature settings
- VIN changes
- Change from FBW to Cable throttle
- Change or delete functions and trouble codes for A/C, Oil level,
- Change MAF to Speed Density MAP-based operating system (MAFLESS Tune) *NOTE: THESE ARE A BASE TUNE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PROLONGED USE WITHOUT DYNO TUNING
Dirty South Race Engineering DOES NOT tuner lock any PCM's. If your ECU has been tunerlocked this requires extra time and software to unlock for reflashing and will incur an extra fee.
This is performed on the ECU YOU PROVIDE - YOU MUST SEND US YOUR ECU for purchase to be valid. We will contact you once purchase made with details to send in your computer.